As promised, here are some recommendations for John Wayne films. John Wayne, born Marion Robert Morrison, holds the record for the actor with the most leading parts – 142. In all but 11 films he played the leading part. The following are the Top 20 films I would recommend (to start). They are in chronological order, as I do not have it in me to rank them. Enjoy!
- The Big Trail, 1930 – His break out role. He is young, tough, and handsome.
- Stagecoach, 1939 – He is young, naïve, and honest – a true hero.
- Angel and the Badman, 1947 – he is not naïve or honest, but loyal and charming.
- Three Godfathers, 1948 – A tale that discovers where all the good in each of us is hiding.
- She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, 1949 – Charming, delightful, and a playful look at retired…
View original post 249 more words